Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wrapping Gifts for a Cause

So yesterday sarah and i went up to the local outlet mall to wrap gifts to raise money for ACS - Relay for Life. We had 4 people stop in (one i dragged in from the bench outside our door) in the 3+ hours we were there...BUT the people that came in were incredibly generous....so now if Sarah can get $5 more dollars she will qualify for a t-shirt...and I still have to do my own fundraising but it is a little easier for me. well, i can drop into branches and see if i can get people to give me $5 a shot. that worked for me last year...

Today needs to be spent getting my own holiday decorating and presents on their way...

It was a nice experience although i had hopes for more people both wrapping and coming in to wrap.

Off to work on Christmas for us now.

2 comments:

Katie said...

well hmm perhaps people don't wrap gifts anymore??? Or its all about the gift cards.

Rachel said...

they had bags and bags of things...I think people weren't sure where we were and then were in too big a rush to get to the next place. It is an outdoors kind of mall and it was cold...