Sunday, February 14, 2010

Postscript to Saturday

So I was in this grumpy bad mood and I took Colleen with me to try to start Tim's car. We put oil in and yes, the battery is dead. BUT the car is completely surrounded by 3 feet of snow with no way to get my car anywhere near it. And we can't get it into neutral to push his car out of the tiny driveway.

We make plans to return to take Tim and Marissa where they need to go later and try to leave. Did I mention the "driveway" was covered in icy snow? So I try pulling into Tim's driveway and get stuck. Colleen pushes me out - I pull forward but the road is blocked by more snow so I am backing out and just as Colleen tells me I am heading into the snow - I get stuck! I was so stuck I created a huge mud hole - Tim, Marissa, Colleen and Jax had a terrible time pushing me in and out of it...in fact, finally Tim told me to let him drive and he backed it out of the driveway to keep me from backing back into the same hole. By this time, the car and Colleen were covered in mud (really mucky). And all I can think of is how I'm supposed to have a "clean" car for them to transport.

To make this long story shorter - I really suck at backing up a vehicle - and I suck at getting cars unstuck (remember the ditch in Michigan????) BUT by the end of this "adventure" we were all laughing and my horrible mood had dissipated (that is the word I want - right).

So I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching the Olympics - walked the dogs at 10:30. Watched Apollo Ono get a silver medal and the woman's mogul get a gold - very cool sports (I think).

Happy Valentine's Day! We are going out for a late breakfast - ihop here we come! It has been months since we did this, I hope the line isn't too long and that Sarah and I are finally hungry. Colleen is out getting printer ink - not sure she will make it home.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Your Valentine's Day was quite eventful.