Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bike Race in the rain

Let me start this by saying that I am not a racer and know very little about bicycle racing and this was the first time I've been to this race. If you are looking for pictures of the race and the bikers, you will need to go to another site. Yesterday, the hurricane came to town during my jobs biggest community event of the year.


This is from the end of the second race on Sunday. The sun was out and the smaller race (critirium?) was fast furious and fun. I was stuck in a tent handing out cloth shopping bags and selling cycling jerseys. it was fun. Afterwards we walked around town checking out the art fair.


Here I am in my offical marshal shirt with Colleen. I dragged Colleen, Tim, Ryan, Angie, and Marissa out of bed to come help me. Turned out that Ryan was the best help of all. He LOVED stopping traffic while the riders went by.

Here's Ryan in his official poncho waiting to run out into the rain!

This picture is before the riders were back in town. We sat on a wall and cheered all the cyclesportif riders up the hill to the finish line.

Tim and Marissa wandering all the tents before we went down to our posts. It was just starting to rain.

This is my good friend Dawn and her son. Originally we were supposed to be on the same corner but last minute changes sent us up the hill to another corner. I was REALLY glad I had the kids with me.

No comments: